Grandma left us after her week with the boys and we instantly missed her. We spent our weekend enjoying the nice weather. On Sunday we went to Castlegar to meet the new babysitter. She is a woman I had met last summer while delivering her mail, one day in August of this year I had to get her to sign for a package and asked if she would take care of the boys for a few weeks in September. On Sunday we went to meet her, Vi, the boys were instantly easy with her, which is not the usual these days, very shy. After an hour we were all feeling good about the situation. That evening we were invited for Pasta Sunday at Natalie and Vern's. They live close, so we always ride there.
 |
| Riding to Natalie and Vern's for pasta sunday, with a backpack full of cars |
We had a long week with our new daycare in Castlegar. It went better than I thought. I thought it would be hard to get the boys out the door by 6:45, but they are quite compliant and hurry when I ask them.
On Saturday we had a birthday party to go to in Nelson. We brought along our new bouncy castle. It was a hit. The boys were so shy they wouldn't go in with the other kids in the castle, and clung to me the whole time with the exception of the battery operated car they loved to push around.
 |
| Happy 3rd Birthday |
 |
| The boys finally warmed up at the end when the new cars were opened. |
Our other new purchase was a train set. The boys are obviously pretty excited about it.
 |
| Train table version #1 |
 |
| Train table #2 is much better with lots more room to walk around |