Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jinxed myself again

On Tuesday we dropped Scott off at the airport, and the boys and I had big plans for the rest of the day.  At 3:30 that afternoon the boys and I were going to go to Nelson to see the Backyardigans live on stage and then dinner with friends and their kids.  A big day for us.  Turns out our friends actually ended up having tickets right beside us so that was great with all the kids together.  The show was OK,  the boys liked it quite a bit, but I prefer just the show on TV, it is a much better production.  We went out to dinner after where I barely managed to eat my dinner.  We were out numbered 2 set of twins and a baby to 3 adults.  At least we did get a great big booth in the corner to hide our chaos in.  When we got home Grayson stared crying and barfed and was immediately sick with a fever.

I remember having this conversation with Scott about how we were doing pretty good in the sickness department this year.  I had a theory that because the boys went to daycare at the ski hill that it was full of less germs as people sent their kids there out of luxury while they go for a ski, rather than necessity while they go to work.  Whether they got sick from something at daycare or caught Papa's flu who knows, but I feel liked I jinxed myself by saying something.  I also remember talking about ACL injuries and how common they were around here and how we had been lucky in the injury department too...

We awoke Wednesday morning to it dumping outside and 10 cms already accumulated at the hill.  Kindercare was booked for a half day for both kids and Trev and I were to be treated to a powder weekday together... except Grayson was sick with the flu.  Cole went with Trev to the ski hill and Grayson and I spent the day watching every Backyardigan ever made on the couch.  

Thursday wasn't much better with Cole coming down with something too.  We all had a pretty miserable day indoors.  Friday morning Grayson woke up at 4:45 am crying with a fever and Trev informed me he couldn't patrol that day and we would have to go for xrays that morning.  He injured his ankle playing hockey the night before.  Since everyone was up and we were at the ER by 7:30 am and a few xrays later, Trev has no breaks just a bad sprain.  4-6 weeks, great.  Forget knocking on wood, just stop talking before you jinx yourself!