Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What a week!

First off, let me just say that the weather in BC since after the July long weekend has been amazing.  Sunny, warm, the odd thunderstorm to cool things off and water the lawn a bit.  Perfect 25-30 in Rossland.  Elsewhere it has been a little warmer and maybe a bit too hot for some, but for me, bring on the heat, summer is short in the mountains.  While the boys were away I had some swims in the lake at Nancy Greene and even one when the boys were back.  Things have changed since last year when they remained on shore or in barely ankle deep water.  This time they came following after me as I tried to swim a bit.  Lake swimming, the absolute best!  Last week I took a week off (Canada Post drama no one wants to hear about), everyone was home in Rossland together and summer was in full swing. Yeah!  Biking, pool trips and living outside.

Last Wednesday we decided to head to the Okanagan for a family visit, Chris and Acacia's bday, and a long overdue visit for Trev and the kids to see Nanny and the rest of the family.  We had grand plans.......arrive Wednesday night, ride Silver Star on Thursday while Mom babysits for a belated birthday/10th anniversary present to Trev and I, dinner out later at Eclectic Med.  Friday, waterslides for Acacia's birthday.  Saturday beach and hanging out with family before a birthday dinner for Acacia and Christine.  Sunday Trev goes home, I go to Silver Star for 2 days of biking with 10 other women.  

But alas things never go as planned and this was one week off that they really didn't.  Poor Trevor was battling a mystery headache, dizziness, nausea disease of some sort since we arrived in Vernon, so he was downstairs in bed the whole trip, except for a very painful trip to the waterslides and beach.  No 10 year anniversary/belated birthday celebration for us.  

On Friday morning we hit up Kin Beach (admittedly I hate that beach), but with the boys its great, they find such pleasure in anything sandy and watery so of course we go.  Grandpa came, we dug, we poured water, the boys dug, they poured water, they checked out the front end loader installing cement barriers while I went for a short swim.  We managed to go to the waterslides in the afternoon with Trev which was so much fun. Cole was so into it, line ups and all, he was charged and loved it.  Jumping around, poking older kids and generally just so excited.  Grayson was a perfect match for Trev, as he was ill and Grayson who had been up at 5:30 am, and had a hard time keeping it together by 3 pm.  But they had some good times too, albeit a mellower version of Cole and I with his pants on fire.  We met up with Acacia, Cy, and Chris for a few runs and it was fun to have all the kids in the line up together being silly.  It was so fun, and its so nice how having kids reminds you of how to have fun like a kid.  My mom of course pulled out all the stops of feeding and taking care of the huge crew of us later. Thanks mom, for Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon night and Tuesday, no wonder you are bagged once we go.

Saturday we hit the beach again, but this time they were swimming with me in the water.  So easy with those puddle jumpers, i never have to worry about them and they are free to move and swim around unlike a lifejacket.  I taught the boys a new fun way to get in the water when its cold (it wasn't really).  Run in, then out, then in more, then out, then in more until you are swimming in the lake.  It was fun and can't wait for them to be full on swimmers.

Later we decorated cupcakes for birthday dessert and the boys, Cy, Cole and I had water fights on the amazing grass at the house.  I have lawn envy a bit of Dad's grass.  

Cole decorating cupcakes for the party

Mmm jelly beans


hmmm....what if?
Aaaaah, ha, ha, ha



Birthday girls

This is why I love Grandma and grandpa's house, hot weather and lovely grass
Cole and I being silly
Happy Belated bday to me, my ring that had lost a diamond back and shiny as ever.  Good photo Cole.

Breakfast dudes
Grayson
On Sunday everyone went home and Dad drove me and my bike to Silver Star for 2 days of biking with  10 other girls.  We had a great condo with hot tub at the hill and I had a fabulous first day riding, no crashes or other mishaps.  Trev was still feeling very ill so my mom graciously drove me home that night so we could take on the boys while Trev lay in bed.