Saturday, March 26, 2011

With grandma and grandpa's help

On March 17 I called my mom to ask about carpet prices.  We got to talking and she asked how things were going at the house.  I said fine, but mentioned again that we really needed their help.  The original plan was that they would come after the 28th.  But on this day they surprised us and said they would be in Rossland by the 19th.  Such great news.  An extra pair of hands at the house and a free babysitter, meant that I could work and be a 3rd pair of hands at the house.  Boy did we get a lot done.  On Sunday, my dad and I ripped out all the carpet and underlay in the house.  We took 2 truckloads to the dump of carpet and tongue and groove, basically cleaned the place out.  During the next week, my dad and Trev with a little of my help.  Drywalled the hardest walls, around the logs and up high.  My dad is pretty good at mudding and painting so he just went at it hard for a week.  The whole basement is painted except for the boys room, drywall is up upstairs ready for paint, the staircase is gone and the hole covered up.  We seem to be at a bit of a stand still until Trev's buddy Paul comes back from Mexico to help with the framing and bathroom.  Here's to my Mom and Dad who worked tirelessly everyday for a week, we couldn't have gotten this far without you.