Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Oh crap they climbed out!
For months we have been expecting one of our kids to climb out of their cribs. They hadn't really made a move until today. When I put them down for their nap this morning they were pretty rowdy as usual and I thought I heard them talking about "rollies". Thats what they call a front roll. I can completely picture them in their cribs doing somersaults and laughing away. I jokingly put a post on facebook about how I am never going to let them out of their cribs, imagine what they will do in their room then! Then I thought, oops I hope I didn't jinx myself. About 45 minutes later they were still laughing and talking away about how "they did it". The thought crossed my mind that they might have meant crawling out of their cribs but i didn't hear any noises from them to indicate someone was out of their crib. Then Cole started yelling "Grayson where are you?" and I heard little footsteps coming upstairs. Grayson had finally climbed out of his crib at 33 months old. I blame the stupid playpens in Vancouver where they could climb out right onto the bed in their room, gave them all the ideas in the world. We have tried so hard to discourage this, to the extent of intentionally not letting anyone talk about it in their presence. Now I am in big trouble. They still love their soothers which I have threatened to, and taken away, so bribery may get me a few more days until Trev comes home in a week and we can switch their beds to toddler beds, bolt the furniture to the wall and clean out their room of anything they can break, screw around with or play with. I can also reward them for not climbing out by letting them have their blankies, but those tricks were pulled today so I'm not sure how long it will last. I guess we are transitioning to toddler beds first, followed by potty training, ugh! We will leave the soothers until the last thing, unless I need to use it against them during the bed transition. How does that saying go, "God grant me the serenity....