Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring in the Okanagan

Last weekend we went to the Okanagan for a quick visit.  We came with all the spring gear, rainsuits and boots for puddles and bikes to ride through them.  Since it is still winter up here in Rossland, and I haven't worn shoes except runners for work down in the valley I forgot to bring shoes for myself and only had Bogs to wear for the whole weekend.  On Saturday it snowed a bit in Vernon so I didn't stick out so bad that day at least.  The boys and I headed out in the morning in poor weather for a bike ride anyway, we found this great trail on the hill near the field that they lapped for a while.
Grayson 
Cole


On Sunday morning it was a little nicer out but a bit cold.  Grandpa and I took the boys to Polson Park. It was great park, with a road closed to traffic to loop around the park, a pond with ducks to amuse, a playground, and a skate park to rip around on their bikes.  The boys were a bit of a spectacle in their matching rainsuits, matching bikes, and matching helmets.  Why do they only make gear in yellow or pink, thats not a lot of colour choices for twin boys.  The boys were in biking heaven.



Run bikes, no pedals
Cole
Grayson