Thursday, March 1, 2012

Skiing at last


After teaching skiing for years I knew that some kids just get it right away and some don't.  I figured our boys would catch on pretty quick, but I was wrong and it took a few months of a day a week or so to get them snowplowing, stopping, turning and skiing with no leash or edgie wedgies.  Today was the first official day without any of the tools. Grayson turned out to be the big ski guy today doing very controlled turns down the magic carpet and a even a run down the lift with Trev.  Cole was a little more reluctant to turn and wanted to go straight down the run.  After a big wipeout where I had to basically clothesline him to stop him at the bottom, he was a little bit better listener about turning.  On the next run, Grayson was pulling off some nice little turns, a borderline schnoodler, and we took a few steps back with Cole to get him back on track.  Check out the video schnoodler.  We went up the lift and Grayson skied down the whole way on his own with Trev.  Cole wanted the leash for the first bit, but after a pit stop, we didn't put it back on and he skied down the rest of the way.  I'm still wary of taking the two of them alone on the lift.  They seem to need one on one a bit more, but maybe after a few more days on the carpet, they'll get it a bit more.

Happy wipeouts

Grayson gets right back up