The boys live and breathe cars. When they wake up in the morning the first thing they do is "go do line ups in mommy's room". When we eat breakfast they want their cars on the table, when we go out they want to bring cars, they want to bring them to bed for their nap, in the bathtub, cars, cars, cars, all the time. They love it and I love that they love it.
 |
| My line up, they weren't that keen on it |
 |
| Grayson must be saying "truck" |
 |
| The only time they aren't talking non stop |
After a while its a bit much though. Weekends around here are pretty boring as everyone usually leaves town to go play. The boys and I didn't have any plans so I decided to take them to Nelson for a train ride. I have been trying my hardest to plan this day with a friend and her twins, but we are all just too busy. The boys and I went to the beach at Lakeside Park where they played with their trucks in the sand. We waited until 11:30 am when the first ride was scheduled and then hopped on. The train is actually a 106 year old electric streetcar, still running on the original battery, all wooden without a part of plastic on the trolley. The ride goes from the park to the Prestige hotel and back along the waterfront in Nelson. At first they boys were quite nervous about the whole thing. I put Grayson on my lap and held Cole's shaking little hand, but by the time we were on the return trip they were happy.
 |
| They would not sit still and smile for a picture so this will have to do |
 |
| Mesmerized by the driver |