4 already, wow! They seem so tall these days I have no doubt they are 4. Time is flying by and I would love to slow it all down. One bad thing about having twins is that you are so aware of the passing of time and how you will never experience these good times again, unless you have a 3rd kid. Ha! I am very glad that we live in BC and there is no JK, Trev and I get another year of the boys when they are so much more capable of doing the things we love to do, hiking, skiing, biking and enjoying being outside, and we get them all to ourselves until next September. Our upcoming unemployment for both of us, seems timely although financially scary. Anyway right, 4 years old. This year we had a most fabulous surprise and Trevor was home for their actual birthday. We celebrated on their actual birthday with Trev, Grandma and I. They had presents a plenty to open, then we had a quiet family dinner, where they entertained us with laughter and complete nonsense. It was fabulous!
 |
| R/C crash cars |
The next day we had the kid party which seemed crazy. It was the regular kids, hosted at the house. There were some lovely gifts but the best one had to have been the stomp rocket that all the kids took turns playing with. This year was also the first year we sang Happy Birthday and there was no crying, although Trev though he saw someone trying not to cry. They also helped make their own cake.
 |
| Rough house with multiple 4 year olds= thumb in the eye |
 |
| Done for the night, on the couch at 6:30 pm |
Next year, party outside at a park or something, they are just getting too big for house parties. Happy Birthday babies.