I finally had a chance to ride the Poker Ride on the Seven Summits Trail in Rossland. 36 kms of single track, 7 poker card stations including a chocolate fondue (my favourite). The day could not have been possible without my mom, coming all the way from Vernon to watch the boys while I sweated, struggled, danced, partied, rode full speed, and also so slow it was easier to walk. Every year I ride 7 summits at least once, its always painful, but this year i hadn't ridden in a few weeks so my bike muscles were weak, walking muscles from work not so much. I had the privledge to ride with some wild Rossland women, we had a record slow time for all of us, but partied about 10-15 minutes at each station, so who cares. They even made up a new category for prizes for "Most spirit". Jagermeister, vodka soaked gummy bears, a choregraphed disco dance routine, crazy costumes we rode 36 km in, convinced them to figure something out. It was so great, I'll be there next year, if mom has time. Thanks.
 |
| Almost at the top of the first climb, Old Glory in the back |
 |
| Dance party second card station |
 |
| Ring leader, complete with disco ball and Ipod and speakers |
 |
| Chain ring toss |