Monday, September 3, 2012

On Thursday while rearranging the patio furniture I smashed the glass patio table when I lost control of the heavy umbrella I was trying to put back in the table.  I curse being short on that one trying to maneuver a big very long umbrella.  I find it a bit bit humorous to look back on since nothing too bad happened.  The boys were eating popsicles, Grayson sitting on a chair out of the way and Cole standing just far enough away to not be showered in glass.  The boys listened at first and stayed inside while I tried to sweep it up, but it was easier to use the shop vac.  In the end I had to vacuum the whole deck to ensure that i had got all the little shards of glass.

Meanwhile in the house, the boys had thrown all the couch cushions and pillows out of the loft, down into the kitchen.  Then they found some nail polish, managed to open it and had each painted their left hand fingers.  I imagined while walking up the stairs to assess the damage that there was red nail polish all over the place.  Carpet, couch, you name it, but all their was was one small drop on the couch, which was no big deal as there weren't any cushions on it.  When will they be able to be unsupervised for more than 5 minutes?